GERMAN EMISSIONS TRADING SYSTEM

The German Emissions Trading System is an adjacent system to the EU ETS. It covers heating and transport sectors. The obligation to surrender  emission certificates lies on the distributors of fuels. They are obliged to submit

1 National emission certificate for each 1 CO2 tone emitted

TAKE ADVANTAGE

  • IF YOU PURCHASED 90% OF THE CERTIFICATES TO BE SURRENDERED FOR THIS TRADING PERIOD IN THE PREVIOUS CALENDAR YEAR, YOU CAN BUY THE REMAINING 10% IN THE FOLLOWING CALENDAR YEAR AT  PREVIOUS YEAR’S PRICE.
  • BUT IF YOU HAVE NOT, WE CAN HELP YOU SOURCE CERTIFICATES BELOW €30.
German Campaign
German campaign 2

MONITORING PLAN

What information is required?  Type and quantity of fuels

Who should you send this to? the German Emissions Trading Authority and National Emissions Trading Registry

When?

  1. Monitoring Plan: July 31
  2. Certificates: September 30

MECHANISM

Price. The national emissions trading will be a fixed price system until 2026.

2022: €30│2023: €35 │2024: €40

2025: €45 │2026: €50

Purchase. The nEZ can be purchased directly on the European Energy Exchange (EEX) for each trading period.

CONTACT